Monday, August 5, 2013

kitchen one : me none

day nine


i came across a recipe the other day for home made pop tarts. my 12 yr old self shrilled with excitement at the thought of making these cute and delicious treats! my 26 yr old self on the other hand forgot the fact that i'm terrible in the kitchen, suck at cooking and burn my self at least twice every time i use the oven.

my morning started with the sifting of flower, the cracking of eggs and the mixing of dough. my evening ended with icing spilling all over the bar, jam pouring out of pop tart crevices and three bubbling blisters on my hand.

the homemade pop tarts were not a complete failure to tell the truth. i did however come to a few revelations while i was kneading.

firstly i need to apologise to my future husband. i'm sorry to say you will never hear... "honey i've got a roast on in the oven!" when you get home from work.

to my children... i'm sorry. sorry that you won't have a childhood brought up on delicious home cooked meals. if anything you will be brought up of fake meat, pasta and a lot of take out. you will have awesome hand sewn costumes for parties though so that is a bonus I suppose.

im sure there will be future times when i decided to cook or bake something again... i just hope it's not anytime soon.



2 comments:

  1. Looks tasty, although for all that emotional pain I hope you made more than one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i think i made 9! they are delicious! i only have one left :)

      Delete