Monday, July 29, 2013

pink of perfection

day four

my mum says that when i was 7 she enrolled me into an after school art class for a term. at the end of the term i had produced one piece of art work while all the other kids had at least ten. i can remember sitting in class, being completely obsessed with making my picture as perfect as the picture we were all copying. if it wasn't exactly right i couldn't finish (in fact i don't think i did!) these days whenever i do something creative i have to tell my self to make it imperfect... then at least it will be perfectly imperfect and i can eventually stop.

i helped out with my mums art class today and was amazed. these kids are champions. they did the best pictures and not a care in the world. give me some of your magic potion children! sprinkle some of your "i don't care if it's not perfect" fairy dust on my perfectionist head.

today was fun. i wish i could be seven again and in art class but i suppose ill just have to be happy living vicariously though my mums students!


my drawing aged 7

No comments:

Post a Comment